



It’s enjoyable and may well be better than the original theatrical release but considering Donner has had so much time to fine tune the ideas he had it’s nothing spectacular. Much more interesting though is how this film works in the overall Superman mythology especially considering what Bryan Singer did with his film. This movie acts as a true bridge between Superman 1 and the Singer film. Lois Lane’s storyline (Margot Kidder) works much better in this film as do the storylines of the three Kryptonian exiles and that of Superman himself. I found the ending a bit of a non-starter if only because of how it worked with the first movie (too much repetition for my tastes). Of course it also gets good marks for the strength of Christopher Reeves performance. True fans will love this film, casual fans will find it mildly entertaining.
I’m repurposing content by taking my NetFlix reviews and posting them here on the blog. If I could figure out a way to do it, I’d post some kind of link for people to connect and make me their friend on the service. Unfortunately, it isn’t altogether clear how one would do that - so if you know a way, pass it along. In the meantime, I’ve got steady content for at least a year.

No comments:
Post a Comment